Thursday, November 12, 2009

Penelope

Goodness it's been a long time since I posted! I don't really know why other than we've been super busy getting everything in order for our trip to Calgary over Thanksgiving to visit Phil's brother and his family. High of 30 lows of 18 - oh boy it's cold! Of course we don't own anything suitable for snow drenched days like that, so it has been work figuring out all the details in addition to striving to pack light. I think we're ready now! At least the ever growing pile on the guest bed tells me we better be.

Other than the nightly packing/prep/housework/to-dos, here is how we spend our days:

Building forts (and that is my most happiest craigslist find ever...a pottery barn armchair with a creamy yellow slipcover, great shape, for $80!)
Learning new silly things (notice how my kitchen rug can never escape the wrath of Ethan)
And just generally hamming it up (this is him stopping himself from grabbing the camera so he could 'smile')
Phil is in the process of updating our computer hard drive, otherwise I'd post more pictures of him running around in the park, which we do about an hour every day, usually twice a day. He's got so much energy!

But, back to the post title. Tonight Phil was at a local photographer workshop thingy so I took up my knitting needle and continued on with knitting Ethan a beanie. I'm almost done, and will post pictures soon. (I gave up a bit on the quiet book after a kind OT friend mentioned that most of the activities wouldn't interest or sustain him until he was closer to 2, so I figured I had other more pressing things to work on.)

I ended up watching Penelope for like the third time. The first time I was skeptical thinking this would be a really quirky movie, and it kind of is, but I appreciate the PG rating and really enjoy the modern day fairy tale story line. I like Reese Witherspoon in this too.

I've been loading up our Netflix que lately getting ready for all those chilly nights ahead. I'm looking forward to returning from our trip and pulling out all the Christmas decorations and amazing Ethan with his first ever Christmas tree. It's almost embarrassing how loud he squeals whenever he sees one in the store! He's about to have the time of his life.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

i love that movie! i own it, i think it is really cute. bobby loves Christmas trees too! i can't wait for him to see ours. although...i think i am not going to put ornaments on it this year, just the lights so bobby won't pull them all off!

great craig's list find!!

Carters said...

Saw Penelope just recently on Netflix also. Enjoyed it...My Netflix que is full also. Send me some recommendations if you see some good ones!