Tuesday, October 6, 2009

For Julie and Diego

I found out yesterday that our friends Julie and Diego are expecting!! Congratulations guys!! They are some of our most favorite people in the world, so this post is dedicated to them and their little one. When I think of their child, here are a few thoughts that come to mind...

He/she will:
  • be the only child I know whose parent's will read him children's books on a Kindle
  • always have the coolest tech gadgets and be the envy of Ethan and his daddy
  • never be afraid of getting a shot
  • but also will never be able to fake a sick day from school
  • but his parent's might pull him out anyway for a mini-family vacation day
  • always have a big, friendly smile
  • never meet a stranger
  • be full of laughter and when he's older, inappropriate jokes :)
  • try to take care of every stray animal in the neighborhood, with his mother's help, of course
  • love the Lord and will be a top debater in Theology by the age of 5, with a firm grasp on Calvinism and Arminianism
  • hopefully understand very early how lucky he is to have his mommy and daddy
They are truly one in a million!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Very true! I couldn't agree more! Congrats to Julie and Diego!

Lynnette said...

Yeah!! How wonderful for them!! Congratulations Diego and Julie!!

Katie said...

that was very sweet and too true :)

casey said...

funny! yeah to friends expecting!

Julie said...

Awe! I just saw this- I'm so behind on my blog reading. Thanks so much for this sweet post, Cynthia! I can't wait to meet this lil rascal!!!! :)