Friday, July 13, 2007

Steph's Picture Perfect Bathroom

Saturday began bright and early as we made our way to Brenham, TX. We were ready to begin the extreme makeover of the Cease's bathroom, compliments of our community group and other supporters.

As you can see here, demolition was truly a hands-on job, as my strong husband was ripping walls down with his bare hands! I love this picture! This is also a great shot to show how disorderly this bathroom was constructed: bead board running horizontally, vertically, sheet rock thrown up in between, funky shelving at the very top. Demolition was VERY loud and took most of the morning.


Here you can see guys tearing the walls down to the bare wood.


After long hours of demolition, a couple of sandwiches, chips, and cookies and enough hammering that even I had a headache, here is the bathroom, begging to be turned into every woman's dream bath. Ok - technically only the guys had sandwiches and chips, as Steph, Braelyn and I had the pleasure of going to Must Be Heaven for lunch.

Sheetrock was added, along with all new hardware and accessories. Look at that chandelier! Here is the finished bathroom. Absolutely beautiful. Looks like a page straight out of a magazine. Steph couldn't have designed it better.

Phil and I are thrilled we could be a part of giving the Cease's a new bathroom.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting these!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! :)