Monday, May 17, 2010

God is so funny

So, you read my last post, right? The one where we are being faithful to follow God's call for us to foster. Not only has he been cultivating that desire in our hearts, he has also been preparing us to become the Directors of the New Parent's class at our church. Ok, we kind of saw that one coming a few months back. We've been preparing and are super excited about the opportunity to lead and shepherd as a couple.

Then, God encouraged me to join MOPS this spring. I have enjoyed it beyond what I thought I would. I thought it would be some super girly silly Friday morning to-do. And, honestly, I kind of didn't mind that thought, though I had hopes it would be something more. It is. I have had so much fun being a part of it. The small group time is so meaningful and engaging. It is not at all all silliness, though is there some of that for good measure. (Can I nudge you if you haven't even tried MOPS to give it a go at least one semester? As long as your youngest is 5 or under, you qualify!)

My small group leader informed me at our Women's retreat in February that she had nominated me for leadership. That's cool, I thought. Sure, why not. I love to serve, so I turned in my application for finance, registrar and special events. Now fast forward a few months, and I get a call that they don't want me to do any of the things I put down, instead they want me to be a co-coordinator! Oh my goodness!

I am loving my involvement in MOPS leadership so far, and have the privilege of becoming friends with such strong leaders who passionately love God and people. I feel like I am firmly where I am supposed to be. Right in the middle of this craziness!! But, can I tell you, I have such peace, such fulfillment from all that is going on. I am more energized, and not as tired. Projects are getting done around the house, and I am so much more joyful in my time with Ethan and God (and Phil, of course :). We feel so ready to give back on new levels and in new ways for all the glorious things God has done for us.

A foster update: we turned in our application and were told with our small age range (0-3), we may be limiting our possibilities. That's fine with us. We'll wait for who God has for us. The next step is waiting to be asked to attend a training course. That could be delayed because their greatest need is for fostering older kids and sibling groups, both of which we don't feel prepared or called to do right now. So we wait.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I really wish there was a MOPS class here in Laredo. There isn't...when I searched 'MOPS' on google, it directed me to some janitor's website! (get it? mop?) :)

Lynnette said...

I love being involved with MOPS I went to the Sugar Creek one and we attend Grand Parkway Baptist Church and they are starting one up in the fall and I was asked to be on the leadership team for MOPPETS. I am so glad to be finally able to plug into something that really means a whole lot to me. Good luck with the whole coordinator position!!